Big weekend? Yeah, me too!
The week after St Patrick's day weekend is always a tricky one. Like most holidays it is a time for over indulgence, whatever your vice may be. I have some top tips for you to stay productive and not let the sleep deprivation stop you smashing it at work!
- It sounds simple but is in fact very effective: go outside! Go get some air into your lungs. You are yawning so much as your brain is not getting enough oxygen so go outside and fix that issue.
- Stop drinking coffee. I try to keep to the 'no caffeine after midday' rule. It temporarily masks the real issue and can affect your sleep that night.
- Try not to eat sugary snacks. Your body will crave sugar more than ever when you are tired and you need a boost of energy. Have slow releasing energy foods such as nuts or high protein snacks.
- Water! Hydrate as much as you can. Most water has some form of electrolytes in it, which will keep you balanced and less tired.
- Lastly, move around! Stand up and stretch; don't sit for too long and make sure you are getting a good amount of circulation around your body.
Hopefully these tips will stop your eyes from glazing over and will help you keep up the productivity!
It's the middle of the workday and you've officially entered zombie mode. You're staring aimlessly at your computer screen, as your eyelids hang heavy and your brain feels sluggish. And all you can think is: Must. Get. Coffee. Hold up, though. While your first instinct might be to caffeinate ASAP, you might get away with doing (and spending) less. In fact, that late afternoon cup might keep you up at night, leaving you in the same place this time tomorrow.