The marketing industry has positively shrunk the gap in terms of the numbers between men versus women in high responsibility roles.
This article looks at 5 women in digital - in a variety if industries, on their ideas on the direction for marketing for 2018.
Some of these insights are;
- Technical innovation is about people, not just a smart piece of technological advancement.
- We need to consistently question the responsibility of social media ethics, AI and the future of work.
- Customers are continuing to ask advice from each other and referrals are key - more trends looking at referral traffic.
- Need to expand our talent pools; yes technology / scientific / data skills are key, however we also need people who are skilled at "telling stories".
- Gender and diversity in technology is still a problem to tackle.
- Marketing is digital - it has to be incorporated into everything for a business to succeed.
“I work for a technology company but I’m a psychologist, and interestingly, my research often shows that digital innovation isn’t always about the technology. I think one of the rationales for having someone with softer skills in an innovation organisation, especially when you have such a technical focus, is to think about people. I’ve learned over the years that you can drop technology on people but that doesn’t mean they’ll use it. They have to be persuaded that it will actually help them. "..... We’re asking questions about the responsibility of social media companies, the ethics around AI, the consequences for the future of work. All of these things are powered by technology, but actually echo across a lot of fields like psychology, economics and politics..."