Email/ CRM marketing is an integral part of any company's marketing plan. A well thought out email campaign, complete with engaging content, exciting promotions and (of course) a series of complex triggers dictating the next 5 emails set to be received, is an amazing way for any brand or company - be that B2C or B2B - to communicate with their chosen audience.
But it's amazing how easily a fantastic campaign can be derailed before it's even hit the audience's inbox. All it takes is one rubbish subject line for your witty, engaging and relatable content to head straight to the junk folder.
Here are 15 great subject lines to get your clients' attention!
- “Need a day at the beach?”
- “Since we can’t all win the lottery …”
- “3 bizarre steps to being better at your job”
- “Pairs nicely with spreadsheets”
- “Revised policy regarding jean shorts at work”
- “HBO GO Password?”
- “Don’t invite Steve to that meeting. He’ll dress like a ghost.”
- “Dad jokes. I’ve got ‘em.”
- “You can’t buy this on Amazon …”
- “You have this in common with Steve Jobs”
- “Swipe right on us.”
- “I like you better than my nephew right now.”
- “What’s your Uber rating?”
- “How to organize your VHS collection”
- “Mom’s gonna love this”
Thirty-five percent of email recipients report opening emails based on the subject line alone. And headline experts at CoSchedule recommend hitting on people’s curiosity to get that magic click. So how do you pique a prospect’s interest? Humor. When using funny email subject lines, it’s important to know your audience. If you’re following up with a CEO after a conference, you probably don’t want to lead with a humorous subject line. However, if a prospect you’ve been speaking with for a few weeks suddenly goes dark, these witty subject lines can restart the conversation.